I'd like a lamp that acts like an IKEA floor lamp but without the long stick. Ideally it's bown shaped to not limit much of the light output to a tiny circle on the ceiling. I'd place a LIFX bulb in it and put it on the top of a cabinet.

enter image description hereenter image description here

Is there a name for this thing? I've been looking at stores and ebay, but can't find anything. They all either have a lampshade, limiting the lumens output by diffusing too much, or have a stand or E14. I'd have no problem creating one on my own, just don't know where to begin.

  • I don't think there is a name, but I do know that there are "lamp kits" to put a cord, bulb socket and switch into just about anything. I have a pretty cool go-kart engine lamp. Most of the time it requires very minimal tools and skill. Might be worth a DIY route. – BrownRedHawk Aug 13 '15 at 13:16
  • Such fixtures definitely exist. I have no idea what the industry term for them is; all I can suggest is shopping. – keshlam Aug 13 '15 at 14:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.