What underlayment should I use for 3/8" engineered flooring stapled to plywood subfloor?

  • 3
    Check the manufacturer's installation instructions.
    – Tester101
    Aug 12, 2015 at 17:29

1 Answer 1


For nail down, no underlay is needed. But for install and to help reduce noise from the wood floor rubbing against the subfloor (when someone walks on it), use red rosin paper.

  • Rosin paper is underlayment.
    – DMoore
    Dec 11, 2015 at 19:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.