I have seen these things in various walls around my house and I am just wondering what the heck they are???

enter image description here

reverse image search showed no useful results so now I here asking for the help of stack exchange! Any ideas?

  • Does it twist off or is it permanently attached? Total guess based on "1242TVAC" but is it a port for a whole house vacuum? – user20127 Jul 26 '15 at 12:29
  • 1
    Have you tried sending an email to info@johnmilsltd.co.uk? – Tester101 Jul 26 '15 at 13:08
  • Can you take a wider photo, so we can see the surrounding area. Are these near the bottom, top, or middle of the wall? Does it open? What's inside? – Tester101 Jul 26 '15 at 13:10
  • @Tester101 there is nothing around it, it is in a shoe cupboard on the ceiling bit and there are three in a row. I've had them in another property in the bathroom as well which was around the middle of the wall height wise. I am afraid they do not twist off, at least, not with my physical strength without tools. – MrPhooky Jul 26 '15 at 17:35
  • 1
    Does a screw driver fit in the gaps around the edge of the inner ring, to pry it off? – user20127 Jul 26 '15 at 18:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.