I've got a radon fan installed in my basement, but no sump pump. Starting a few days ago, I've started hearing a constant gurgling or bubbling sound from a basement wall that is 15 feet from where the radon fan is.
This has me worried we might have standing water under our foundation. In trying to diagnose what's going on here, this is what I know at the moment:
- The sound is definitely related to the radon fan. When we turn off the radon fan, the sound stops
- The sound can only be heard in the wall 15 feet from the radon fan. Right next to the radon fan, the sound can't be heard
- We've verified we don't have any leaking pipes inside or outside by watching the water meter
- We haven't gotten much rain this past week, so I'm relatively certain it's not natural water running into the house
A few more pieces of information that might be useful:
- The sound is a constant gurgling/bubbling sound. It hasn't stopped at all in the past 5 days. I don't remember hearing this sound before in the past couple of years.
- The wall we are hearing this from is the same wall where our main water line from the meter is.
- We have a sprinkler system outside with a pipe maybe 5 feet away from where we are hearing the sound.
Any ideas on why we might be hearing this sound? Or how to diagnose? Is it possible that we aren't hearing water, but something that sounds like it?
Thanks for any help!