I am looking to re-glue the screw that connects a wood leg to a metal threaded bracket on a piece of furniture. The end that goes into the wood leg is stripped in the wood so the leg is loose, I tried liquid nails waited two days but they did not hold. Any ideas of what kind of glue to use?


White or yellow PVA (Poly Vinyl Acetate) wood glue (elmers/titebond) and some new wood. Gluing in a few toothpicks is one method; drilling out the hole and gluing in a section of dowel is another.

  • 2
    +1 With special emphasis on the wood. The glue just holds the new wood in. Toothpicks are great for screws with little strain, but for serious holding, drill, glue and insert a dowel. – bib Jul 8 '15 at 3:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.