I have a small hole in my basement floor from a leftover floor anchor similar to http://www.lowes.com/pd_79553-2191-50098___?productId=3044000. The anchor is now gone, and apparently over the years the hole has had some small amount of dirt and moisture pushing up through it.

I believe it is the source of a water leak during heavy rain. At the very least, it will be a point of concern for anyone buying the house. (I'm planning on selling in the next year).

I need to get this hole sealed properly. Preferably in a way that won't make it obvious that a hole was there (though this concern is very much secondary). What would be the right way to do this?

  • 3
    I presume the unstated question is "how can I seal this". I believe the usual answer is hydraulic patching cement.
    – keshlam
    Jun 25, 2015 at 0:56
  • @keshlam That sounds like an answer.
    – Tester101
    Jun 25, 2015 at 2:12
  • @keshlam Yes, that does sound like an answer. I plan to research hydraulic patching cement on my own. If you would be willing to post as an answer, could you include a link to the correct stuff I should be getting?
    – Elros
    Jun 25, 2015 at 12:28

1 Answer 1


You'd want to use a products like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Quikrete-1-qt-Concrete-Crack-Seal-864000/100318507

It'll be hard to get concrete mix into such a small hole without leaving a void. This crack sealer is designed for smaller holes & cracks. Documentation here: http://www.quikrete.com/PDFs/Projects/RepairingConcrete.pdf

  • I used this to fill in the two holes I had. Seems to have done the trick.
    – Elros
    Jun 29, 2015 at 12:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.