This may the dumbest question ever, but I'm trying to replace the AC plug on a small appliance (it's European but voltage-switchable and I'm using it in the US), and I don't know what to call those replacement plugs (i.e. I can't find one on Amazon). I just need a two-prong US male AC plug that has e.g. screw terminals I can wire to inside the shell. I know I've seen such things, so my search terms must be wrong. Can anyone help?

(N.B. Not looking for a plug adapter. Want to actually replace the one on the cord.)

  • 5
    Q: What do you call a diy high-voltage plug? A: A fire hazard – Joel Coehoorn Jun 10 '11 at 2:14
  • @JoelCoehoorn: Why? – Jay Bazuzi Aug 23 '11 at 6:01
  • @JoelCoehoorn -- he's not looking to build a plug from sheet copper, brass screws, and molten plastic, he wants one he can put on the end of a cord himself. – ThreePhaseEel Mar 1 '15 at 1:15

A quick search for "replacement plug" on Amazon gives me a few hits like this:

  • Super. That first link is what I was looking for. Thanks. – quixoto Jun 6 '11 at 2:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.