I just replaced the pressure switch on a home water system. I primed the pump and pressure built up and water came out. Water was dirty at first but it was clearing up (it hadn't been run for a while). Pressure built up to 50 psi and cut off. Ran the water and it cut back on. Seemed to be working good, then it started leaking from a plastic bowl near the bottom of the vertical tank. There's a pressure line (like that goes to the pressure switch) that goes from the pump to the "bowl". I've seen similar things on home fuel oil tanks, but I don't know what it is called. Kind of hard to fix it if you don't know what it is. Any ideas?

  • Sorry, this is a horizontal tank. The "bowl" is the end at the bottom. – Mark Jun 13 '15 at 4:06
  • 1
    There are many variations of jet pump configurations (at least I assume this is a jet pump, since you had to prime it), and I am really unsure from your description what part you're talking about. Can you take a picture and point out exactly where the leak is coming from (at least as best as you can identify)? – gregmac Jun 13 '15 at 6:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.