Outside of my house the concrete slopes away from the drain causing the water to pool in a corner,any ideas to fix this ?

1 Answer 1

  • Add concrete (or asphalt patch) until the slope is to the drain,
  • or break out concrete, possibly lower the drain, and replace concrete broken out with concrete that slopes properly to the drain.

A thin topcoat to correct the slope may not last for long, but it's easy to try for a start.

Breaking out and replacing will result in a thicker pour that's more likely to hold up through freeze/thaw cycles, if applicable to your location.

  • Assume a top coat will spall off in short order (just a few years) so when it last 5-10, you are happy, and when it lasts 2-5, you are still happy. +1 for saying it may not last long.
    – Damon
    May 9, 2015 at 22:34

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.