My well is 250ft deep with a 6 inch bore. Water yield is moderate and starts from 115ft. My house is a three story building. What kind of pump would be appropriate for this application? I am confused between compressor type, jet type and submersible type pumps.

  • dym 6 inch bore? – Fiasco Labs May 7 '15 at 4:56
  • 6 inch bore. Sorry 6 mm was a typo – Rags May 7 '15 at 5:28

At 115 feet static and 250 bottom your (sensible) options are submersible, submersible, or submersible.

Which is really "new-fangled 2-wire submersible" (my choice, matter of opinion) or "old-fangled 3 wire submersible" (avoid like plague, matter of opinion) or fancy-schmancy constant-pressure inverter-drive submersible (too expensive for me.)

Since you have a 6" bore, a 4" pump will fit nicely. Park it at 235-240 feet down the hole.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.