My ceiling fan has an unusual size fixture. It's larger than candelabra, but smaller than a standard medium. I suspect it might be intermediate, but I'm not quite willing to buy a converter with a huge shipping cost until I can get it confirmed. The brand is Hampton Bay. The fixture has a number E307185. Bonus points if you can find a method to convert the light bulb to a standard medium light bulb.

  • Call Hampton Bay's customer service to find out the socket size. Home Depot (or Lowe's or a specialty lighting store) should have intermediate base bulbs.
    – Niall C.
    May 21 '11 at 17:03
  • 1
    intermediate to candelabra reducers can be found online for ~$3
    – Tester101
    May 23 '11 at 19:33

That's an intermediate base. I found them on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Watt-Light-Bulb-Intermediate-Clear/dp/B000QUXZTC

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.