I have a slowly dripping joint where the disposal meets the drain pipe. I want to fix it myself and thought to just seal it with some sealant. What sealant should I use and/or should I not seal it, but use another technique? Complete noob here.enter image description here

1 Answer 1


There is probably a gasket under that hold down flange. Buy a replacement gasket. Then remove the flange, use sand paper to remove any corrosion until you have a smooth, bright metal surface, then install the new gasket, and screw the flange back in.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.