I'm asking this about my rental property. We've had several lightening storms in the past week and 1/2...one this morning that caused the electric to go out in the area of the rental property.
Last Thursday, the renters heard a loud screeching noise come from the oven when it was in use. It seemed to turn off and then oven read "4400" degrees and then changed to FOEO. It is a gas range and the burners were working fine, just not the oven. They reset the breaker and the display changed but it was still not correct. The next day, when they came home from work, the microwave and oven had a "PF" on the display. Both are working fine today. The appliances are original from 2009.
The Sunday before, their TV stopped working. It was an older TV so they aren't sure if it stopped working because of a power surge or if it was old. The cable company came out today and said the cable setup looked fine.
The electric company come out to check the outside of the house and they said all looked fine. They will be going out next week to check the grid.
Wondering if I should have an electrician come out to check the house. Could the problem be the breaker or wiring inside the house?
Also, any suggestions on how to protect the house and appliances from power surges? Can a surge protector be used on a microwave & oven?