I am fencing in my back yard ('dog-ear' wooden picket fence) and am planning to make a large gate, say 10 ft wide, so that vehicles will be able to access the back yard if need be.
Specifically the fencing I will be buying is this. The gate itself will just be the same fence material, just raised off the ground and affixed with the proper "gate hardware" (hinges, handles, locks, etc.).
I am looking for the correct "gate hardware" that will be needed to make the gate functional as well as to be heavy-duty enough to support the weight of a 10 ft wide gate.
- Hardware must support the weight of a 10 ft wide gate
- Hardware must allow the gate to swing one-way (to the outside)
- Hardware must provide a lockable handle mechanism so we can shut the gate and lock it (even if the lock mechanism is a separate unit altogether, such as a padlock)
- Inside outside openability (meaning I can open the gate from inside or outside the fence)
- Hardware must be black & metallic
I've never purchased anything like this before, and am hoping to find a simple kit that does everything I need above, but doubt such a kit exists.
Any ideas as to what hardware I should be using, particularly for the size/weight of the gate?