I've just purchased an elu 1/4" router. Will I be able to get an half inch router adapter to fit? Is the router I've purchased any good and can I make a table for it?

closed as unclear what you're asking by longneck, Steven, DMoore, Tester101 Apr 15 '15 at 10:59

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


This would be a great question at the new Woodworking Beta

Now as to your question, without a model number and make, it's hard to tell. Some 'trim router' models only accept 1/4" shank bits, but most full-sized routers will take either 1/4" or 1/2" bits, with the appropriate collet.


Normally if it's a 1/4" router as sold, you cannot use anything larger. If it could take a 1/2" collet, it would be sold that way. A 1/2" router will normally come with a 1/4" collet as well, and for some a 3/8" collet can be purchased aftermarket (handy if available, since many standard milling cutters are 3/8" shank.)

Usually a 1/2" is a better choice for table use, but it will depend on what you intend to accomplish with it to some extent.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.