I have some tongue and groove floorboards from a bathroom.

They measure 0.83" thick and are probably about 90 years old.

Where can I get some boards that are equally thick? Tongue and groove is a bonus, but mainly I care about the thickness. They will be covered so I don't care about look. I'd even be willing to layer two boards together.

A plumber who worked on it replaced them with 0.75" boards but that left a noticeable sagging area.

I don't really know how to ask for it - is there a nominal name/trade name for 0.83" boards?

wooden floor boards


If you want to match that thickness exactly, you'll have to get something custom milled, or planed down from 1" stock.

The difference between .83" and 0.75" is just over a 16th of an inch. Probably an extra layer of tar paper would make up the difference.

|improve this answer|||||
  • Tar paper wouldn't make up the difference here because the tongue and groove will keep it in place even with the extra backing. – Pᴀᴜʟsᴛᴇʀ2 Mar 10 '15 at 0:53

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.