I'm having trouble thinking of how else to describe the sound that our pellet stove is making. It is a piercingly high pitched sound that appears to come from the blower.
Here's a video with plenty of awful audio (in the video I'm poking around the back of the stove, not around the blower on the far side).
Here's some more hints concerning this sound:
- The sound started this afternoon when we restarted the stove after it had burned out.
- This has happened once before and continued for a couple days. It went away after I cleaned and vacuumed the stove out. Sadly, that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem this time. It was not clear why the sound went away last time - I never had any kind of 'aha' moment - the sound just went away.
- For the first 30-90 seconds of running, the stove is quiet and doesn't make this sound.
- Turning the stove on and off has no effect.
- It really does seem like the sound is emitting from the blower/fan.