The previous owner of my house had a sprinkler system installed and had it run off the main water supply in the house instead of a separate meter. I had a new meter installed, so I do not have to pay sewage on my irrigation water. Now I have a pipe sticking through my foundation that has been cut off and capped on each end. It is not needed any more. If I remove this pipe, what is the best material and process to use to fill the hole in the foundation?

2 Answers 2


If it's not a huge pipe, hydraulic cement would probably do the trick. Hydraulic cement is designed to expand as it cures and is used for reparing foundation cracks.

  • hydraulic cement is the right product to use, by a long run. you can buy it in small quantities as a powder and just mix with water. It is also pretty cheap. Apr 28, 2011 at 17:59

You don't need anything structural - just something to cap the hole and be an approximate match to the rest of the concrete.

In that case you just needs some "patching" mixture - some ready mix post concrete springs to mind.

I'm assuming that the hole is horizontal - if so then just push enough mixture in to make it water tight and smooth it out to match the current surface. Repeat for the other end if necessary.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.