I've got an American Craftsman 70 series double hung window and I'm trying to remove the screen. It is a full screen, and the only mechanisms on the screen are in the corners as shown in the picture below.

I've pushed, pulled, slid, and prodded but I can't get the screen out. Anyone know how to take out the screen?

window screen

1 Answer 1


That type of handle usually means the the screen is "spring loaded" into the channel opposite where those handles are. It should slide "across" (like a sliding glass door) until the edge near the handle is free and you can then pull it inward. Or, in some cases, outward, per comment.

  • Thanks, that did the trick. You have to push outward instead of inward though.
    – minou
    Feb 8, 2015 at 18:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.