I'm considering the option of using OSB(10mm+ thick) in stead of laminated flooring, the floor is currently just concrete, on top of which there's linoleum on top of which there's a carpet.
What I'm envisioning:
- insulation(5mm+ thick) -- as used under laminated flooring
- carpet on top
- OSB cheaper than same thickness laminated flooring
- super-fast to install(one sheet of OSB is 2500mm X 1250mm)
- easy, cheap & fast to replace about 3 sqm of a damaged sheet
- unless there's subfloor heating, the floor would be cold anyways, so at minimum a carpet is a must
My question is:
what are the pros and cons to my thoughts(most likely others considered this option...)?
Note: I'm not looking for the so called "best option/solution", I'm interested more in the cons of using OSB as opposed to laminated flooring.