The handle is loose (a bit wiggly) and I want to take it off to figure out how to tighten it. Problem is I can't figure out how to take it off...

enter image description here enter image description here

My guess is it is from mid to late 2000s

2 Answers 2


You should find a set screw under the small colored plug.

enter image description here

  • Are you suggesting to detach the small colored plug? Is there a method you would suggest that would not break the plug (and allow it to be reattached later)?
    – BigRon
    Jan 11, 2015 at 5:14
  • 1
    @BigRon - Yes. The plug is simply pressed into the hole used to access the set screw. Usually it can be simply picked out. If it is being hard to get out one can carefully pry it out from the edge with a sharp knife blade. Best to plug the sink drains first in case the plug pops out into the sink.
    – Michael Karas
    Jan 11, 2015 at 12:53
  • Great explanation and follow up tip.
    – BigRon
    Jan 12, 2015 at 14:16
  • 1
    Thanks. Your answer came before @Randy's, which is why I've chosen it. My problem now is that none of my allen wrenches seem to fit. 2.5mm is too small; 3mm is too big. I think it might be 7/64" which is a wrench I am going to have to go buy somewhere. Jan 16, 2015 at 1:52
  • You may want to consider something like this tool set that includes both metric and SAE sizes in a convenient handle holders.
    – Michael Karas
    Jan 16, 2015 at 13:53

You can remove the red/blue plug with your fingernail. It's just pressed in place. Beneath is an allen bolt (often 5/32). I think that's what is loose. Tighten the bolt, then replace the red/blue plug, and you're done.

  • took me three times through to realize i had a smudge on my screen. I wanted to know what an alien bold was :)
    – warren
    Jan 13, 2015 at 17:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.