I have an insert that we use as a wood burning fireplace. It would be fairly easy to run a natural gas line under the house to the location of the fireplace. I would like to convert the wood burning to a gas fireplace.

  • It appears you were asking two separate questions, so I've removed the second question. If you have more questions, please feel free to ask them by clicking the Ask Question button.
    – Tester101
    Jan 6, 2015 at 12:20

1 Answer 1


The plumbing is not that hard, but you'll need a new fireplace and a new stove.

See if it's legal to use flexible corrugated line where you live. It's covered in a yellow plastic jacket. Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (CSST).

It'll be MUCH easier to install, plus under a house where there is moisture it'll hold up better.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.