I have a Samsung clothes dryer that stopped heating up. Here's what I've tried so far:
- verified that the 30 amp breaker is working fine
- verified 120/240v at the relay
- verified 9ohms across the heating element
- verified that the element wasn't shorting against its housing
- verified 0.1 ohm at the high limit cutoff and the thermostat
- verified the thermistor on the control panel is functioning correctly
- gave lint trap, exhaust, etc a good cleaning
About the only obvious thing I haven't tried is probing the outlet itself for 240v. I'm unable to check it with my multimeter because the probes can't reach inside the outlet. That said, sine the relay read 120/240 as expected, I think it's getting good power.
Final weird thing is that after I put the dyer back together and it didn't work, I flipped the breaker off and on and tried the dryer again. It heated up! Power cycled the dryer and tried again, no heat. Toggled the breaker... Heat! Power cycled and got no heat. Figured I was on to something, but no amount of fiddling with the breaker or power cycling will make it heat up again. Really not sure if that's a red herring, but including it for completeness.
So - any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I guess I feel like I've tried the obvious things, and now need some less obvious possibilities.