This is probably a total newbie question, I apologize in advance.

I have two pipes, hot and cold; I'd like to set up a single control point that turns the flow on both of them on or off, at the same time. I've been scouring the internet but I just can't find it.


  • I don't want a thermostatic mixing valve - I need the output to still be two pipes, hot and cold.
  • I don't want two knobs. Two knobs would be an easy solution but not the one I need cosmetically.
  • 2
    What exactly are you trying to setup? That is a fairly odd configuration, it would be helpful to know why you want it that way. – Grant Nov 21 '14 at 4:39
  • 1
    Clearly this is related to your other question – gregmac Nov 21 '14 at 8:13
  • I've certainly never heard of a valve that has two separate in/outs like you're describing. However, I am thinking about this being possible using solenoids.. but safety is an issue. – gregmac Nov 21 '14 at 8:21

Laundry Shut-off valve - any hardware/plumbing store or the internet.

Valve image from home depot, just as an example.

  • Of course, it might be nice to find a version which is designed to be plumbed in on both sides rather than having hose threads. Then again, I suspect that someone makes an adapter you could solder onto the threaded end to covert it back to a soldered connection. "If it happens, it must be possible." – keshlam Nov 21 '14 at 14:25

Never heard of such a thing. But off the top of my head, you could mechanically link two hidden conventional spigots. I'm imagining a faucet handle connected by a shaft to a conventional toothed gear. That gear is meshed to two additional gears each of which is connected to a spigot. Turning the one faucet Handle then operates two spigots. Far from off the shelf and may be a pain, but should work in principle.


That is just a shut-off valve.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.