I need to skim an area of wall below some stairs. There's a tight corner where the boards below the upstairs stairs meet a length of trim:

enter image description here

Annoyingly, this is pretty much at eye level for anyone going down the lower set of stairs so I want to get a reasonable looking finish. (I'm using board finish on plasterboard.)

Any tips for getting into tight corners like this?


You can use a mason's trowel. Or you can cut and modify a low cost 6 inch putty knife to fit the angle. When using either, drag the point out from the corner and keep the point of the tool in contact with either adjacent surface.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.