I'd like to attach a magnetic, metal knife rack to a tile splashback in my kitchen. The tile is glazed white and the attachment points on the rack are small (about 0.9 sq in of metal). The rack weighs 2.5lb and with the knives and a margin for error, we're looking at about 5.25lbs total weight.
I've been looking at Loctite, Gorilla Glue, and everything Henkel makes, but I'm having trouble hitting:
- Works on metal & glazed tile
- Water resistant enough to be behind the sink
- Sets up quickly enough for a vertical application
- Removable (this is a rental)
I've looked at:
- Cyanoacrylate gel adhesives, but I can't tell if they can handle being sprayed with water.
- Epoxies, but they aren't removable.
- Polyurethane adhesives, but they don't work vertically.