In our victorian terrace the plaster in many places is very old and uneven. Under one windowsill the plaster has quite a large crack which is also a patch where the plaster is loose. If I tap the wall there it sounds hollow for about a foot diameter.

What is the best simple fix for this? My guess is I should avoid knocking the plaster off the wall as patching that would be a professional job. Would filling it and sanding it hold? Should I paper over it?

Or does the hollow plaster simply have to come off?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.