We've accidentally managed to break the glass above our front door, by letting the door slam. I'd like to match the glass replacement, so it matches next door. I have no idea what the pattern is called, and don't know where to look to find a match.

We've had a glass fitter around to quote, who suggested that he had not seen this style and that it is likely not made any longer.

Does anyone know the name of the pattern or could possibly tell me of any good places / sites to look for old glass patterns?

antique frosted glass enter image description here

  • It seems like modern styles come in a limited number of variations. I'm hoping that was the case with old styles otherwise the possibilities could be endless! – gb2d Oct 16 '14 at 19:22
  • It's muranese very rare pattern – user61413 Oct 16 '16 at 13:15

I found this site which lists many different styles of textured glass.

I think the particular one you had is somewhat close to the Florentine Wissmach on that site.

enter image description here

As for the best site to search, I'd say google image search, honestly. https://www.google.com/search?q=textured+glass+window&source=lnms&tbm=isch

  • 1
    Thank you so much. That is the exact pattern. I had been looking under Google under 'frosted glass'. Seems that textured is a more appropriate keyword. Now to see where I can buy some! – gb2d Oct 20 '14 at 6:50
  • 1
    And have now found a supplier for the replacement - note this is also known as 'Muranese' creativeglassguild.co.uk/prod/muranese-clear – gb2d Oct 20 '14 at 9:46

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.