What do I need to get this going? a kit? first time installing or connecting myself. any help will be great appreciated. I have a pac lined tubing, but nothing else.

  • 1
    Welcome Mike. Can you be more specific? You already have a pipe coming out of the wall to supply the fridge with water? What size is it? You can edit your question to add any more detail to it. – Edwin Oct 8 '14 at 0:00
  • 1
    What's pac lined? Need the model of your fridge or preferably, pictures of the inlets, your line and the parts that came with it. – Mazura Oct 8 '14 at 0:01
  • sorry guys. I have a plastic tube from the floor very small, I am not too sure of the diameter. but very thin. this was used with my old fridge for the ice and water. – Mike Oct 8 '14 at 0:22
  • I meant to say I got a PVC tubing with the new fridge. but no connectors. so basically I need to attach the small plastic tubing I have running from the floor to the new fridge connectors. what do I need for that? basically. Thank you – Mike Oct 8 '14 at 0:26
  • 1
    Can you edit your question with the correction? – Edwin Oct 8 '14 at 0:45

Most refrigerators come with either a 1/4" plastic or copper tube or a male hose thread (just like your garden hose spigot) inlet.

If you are connecting 1/4" tube to 1/4" tube, you need a compression coupling: compression coupling

The inserts slide into the plastic tube to prevent it from collapsing when you tighten the fittings.

If you have a hose thread connector you will need an adapter:enter image description here

The picture does not show the hose washer, you need that too.

  • Actually, if you look close, the picture does include the hose washer! – Jimmy Fix-it Feb 16 '16 at 2:39

A compression fitting will work, but these are much easier to work with.

enter image description here

You just push the ends of the tubing into the connector and you're done. They are generally sold as push-to-connect fittings. This is likely the right part at Home Depot. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Watts-1-4-in-Plastic-O-D-x-O-D-Coupling-PL-3000/100165880

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.