I am considering renovating my house, that will be turned into a small student housing (approx 10 - 15 people).
I would like to know what is the most efficient way to build a septic tank to dispose all excrement.
Ideally, the tank should be:
- Relatively cheap
- Simple and Easy to build
- Easy to be emptied (pumped out)
- Able to contain the smell
- Should there be any leakages, it should be easy to repair.
- Easy to inspect (to check if it needs to be pumped out)
- Does not contaminate ground water, as I also use ground water as the source of water (Where I live, clean water pipeline is not an option. So I have to drill a well myself to extract the water. Thankfully, I live in the area that has a high rainfall).
Can any one give me advise or perhaps a reference on this? I've been looking on the web and these are some of the ideas that i have so far:
Is this a good design reference? Can anyone explain what is the purpose of each label