We live in Florida, and the fluorescent lights in the kitchen turn on very slowly (if at all) in the summer. Other clues are:
- They work fine in the early morning
- Later in the day (hot day) they will not turn on immediately
- These are ceiling light fixtures, above the ceiling is the (hot) attic
- If you flick the switch back and forth rapidly, you may get lucky and the light comes on
- This house was built in 1992, therefore probably an electronic ballast
- Our Air Conditioning went out for all of last week, it stayed 85 degrees F in the house as a minimum and they never came on.
Is it the ballast?