I am setting up low voltage 12v landscape lights in my backyard using one transformer with have to runs/branches - one for two lights and other to operate tow small pond pumps. I have no room for two transformers, so all have to come from one. However, I don't want the ponds branch to be running all the time - hence wanting to place a toggle switch, that will turn on the pumps only when I need. The other branch runs in auto (with light sensor)
How do I set up the wiring?
- branch 1 - only lights to run in auto mode
- branch 2 - pond pump to run on demand only( each pump has their wire run and spliced together at transformer
- both branches to run from one transformer (running at less than 80% capacity)
- connect branch 1 directly to transformer
- connect toggle switch to spliced branch 2 and then piggy tail to transformer to be spliced together with branch 1