I am modifying a fountain, by adding spouts, made of shaped copper. I need to attach the spouts to the stone bowl, but am not sure how.
- The fix must have a watertight seal with the stone, that is, the glue/mortar/filler must fill the small gaps between the cut stone and the copper shape
- It must also prevent ingress of moisture which will freeze in winter and push the spout off
- The fix must provide mechanical strength
- The fix must be resistant to weather and both standing and running water
- The fix must be flexible as the stone and copper will deform at different rates as it heats up and cools down over time
I have tried building mastic but it doesn't cure (its been over two weeks) as only small areas are exposed to air. I have also tried heating with a heat gun and it just makes it even softer.
What do I use to attach copper to stone?