I have done quite a bit of research and have not been able to find an answer I am looking for. I currently have a manual digital thermostat that is not programmable made by Braeburn. My system is a Ground A/C unit outside, and my heater/air handler is up in the attic. My thermostat is wired the following way:
- Jumper wire between R and RC
- Red wire from wall to RC
- B terminal on thermostat is empty
- Blue wire from wall to O
- Jumper wire from Y to W
- Yellow wire from wall to Y
- No wire to W other than Jumper
- Green wire from wall to G
- There is a spare wire from the wall harness to nothing as well.
I have not had a chance to go in the attic to check the labels on the air handler, but I am hoping there is an extra wire up there too so I can use it as a C wire. I am curious how, or if I can use a WiFi thermostat or any other programmable for that matter. I have not come up with any leads yet, and don't want to screw things up before I start.