Most of my receptacles have stopped working on one side. When I went to replace them, I found out that they are Slater Boxless Receptacles. Can I replace the Slater ones with conventional outlets?


Yes, but you MUST cut in old work device boxes first. You CANNOT simply install standard receptacles in the holes in the walls.

Here is an example:

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.