I have an old shelf with doors supported on piano (klavir) hinges, which are rusty and crooked. Most of the screws on the hinge are barely holding on, so for now I am ruling out the option to replace or repair the hinge.

I already have a hinge hole cutter, which was last used some years ago with reasonable success. It looks to me that plugging a pair of "normal" (Euro) hinges would be great if possible.

My question: is it possible, and if so what should I be watchful for?

  • 3
    Can you post a picture? – bib Jun 16 '14 at 11:08
  • Not at the moment, but definitely I should. – pishman Jun 16 '14 at 12:43
  • Second the picture request - at the moment your question is rather vague. Without something specific to look at it's hard to answer meaningfully. – The Evil Greebo Jun 16 '14 at 15:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.