Around the outside of the house, the concrete base is covered with a layer of styrofoam and a layer of this flexible stucco material. I'm not really sure what exactly is. This sheet looks like stucco with a plastic mesh through it (see images).

I'm trying to fix the damaged parts and I would like to use the same materials or something similar which would be very close to what it already is.

Front of the stucco layer:
Front of the *stucco* layer

Back of the stucco layer:
Back of the *stucco* layer

Undamaged wall:
Undamaged Wall

Damaged wall:
Damaged wall

1 Answer 1


What you have is a system called EIFS for short. Here is a link to get to the care and repair of this type of finish.

Sto Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS) Manuals: StoTherm EIFS Repair and Maintenance Guide

  • Link only answers are only helpful as long as the link is good. Please consider summarizing the information found in the link here.
    – Tester101
    Jun 16, 2014 at 10:18
  • It has the answer in there, I figured to have the whole maintenance and repair manual might be handy. On top of that I have never tried to get a PDF on Stack. I will try to abbreviate it
    – Jack
    Jun 16, 2014 at 12:26

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.