I am rewiring my house with major upgraded wire. I am installing #12 armorflex wiring and conforming to commercial code. Yes, I know most people use romex for houses, but I have seen plenty of attics and basements with bare wire from vermin and other problems... I prefer to do it this way.
My enigma: I have a floor lamp plugged into a bedroom outlet(plugged into a touch-lamp module). In the morning when I turn on my bedside lamp (plugged into an outlet on the same circuit, but across the room), the floor lamp comes on. On rare occasions, I will wake in the middle of the night to find the floor lamp on.
I did not have this happen before the upgrade. could this be an artifact caused by the metallic cover on the wire?
Has anyone heard of this before?