In my shower room, there's a hole that's always filled with disgusting, slimy water.
What I've tried
- I've sponged it out a few times to clean, but that didn't really help.
- I've poured bleach-containing laundry detergent in. Didn't help.
- I've poured vinegar in. Didn't help.
- Is it safe to put a chlorine pill in there? I've already done this. The smell hasn't improved. I'm worried about the fumes.
- Should I put a cap over it? Or is there another way to make it smell better?
- I've heard there's a connected vent outside that may be clogged. How do I find this? What does it look like (add a photo if possible)?