Drawing plans and writing a BOM and looking for what that part is called. I brought pictures!

enter image description here

I don't know the proper term for that part.

1 Answer 1


It's officially called a conduit body, but is sometimes called an LB by tradesmen.

It's known as an "LB", because the outlet (or inlet I guess) is on the back (ell back). There are also "LR" (ell right), "LL" (ell left), "T" (tee), "C" (cee), and "SLB" (service ell back) type conduit bodies available.

enter image description here

SLB not pictured.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.