I need to unscrew the screw in this picture. It doesn't seem to be using a standard fitting however. What screwdriver so I need for this?

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


You need a Torx bit also sometimes referred to as star drive.

You may be able to get a fixed screwdriver with the right size one but it's generally a better deal to just get a bit assortment and mount an adequately sized one on some sort of a socketed shaft, depending on the application.

enter image description here

Note: Torx drive invented originally by Camcar Textron to eliminate the rounding issue standard hex drive bits suffer.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.