I am trying to replace washers on an outdoor faucet but the screw holding the handle on is stripped.

Also apparently stucco is all holding the PVC pipe to the faucet on the wall.

How do I tighten that up? Is there some sort of cement I can use?

  • 3
    A small screw extractor tool should do the job, if not use a drill slightly larger than the screw shank to cut the head off. There should be enough remaining shank after handle removal to grab a hold with locking pliers. You could try construction adhesive or epoxy, but you really want a flanged sill cock anchored into solid wood. – bcworkz Mar 15 '14 at 17:42

What I would do is use some solder to fill the hole and solder a screwdriver to the screw and gently work it out. Once its out you can just reheat the solder to clean off the screwdriver.

|improve this answer|||||

The simplest way to deal with this is to use a Dremel rotary tool and an abrasive wheel to cut a slot in the fastener. You can then use a screwdriver to remove it.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.