Hi there I have just bought this hanging lamp whose bulb connector type I cannot identify, I got it in Italy and the only thing I am sure is that the light bulb must be some kind of tube shape for it needs to go through a decorative casing that's no longer and no thicker than an index finger. I have included photos:

what the connector looks like

the decorative casing implying the restriction on the dimensions of the bulb


It looks like a G9 base for a halogen lamp.

  • Nice find. That's it. – Speedy Petey Feb 18 '14 at 15:35

looks like a older style fluorescent lamp that was used originally in exit fixtures. These were in use before the CFL spiral lamps.


It looks like a Dulux type fluorescent base.

  • You could improve this post immensely by providing links as examples, or including photographs of the bulbs you're talking about. – Niall C. Feb 19 '14 at 16:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.