Contractor removed and threw away a 12' segment and now I don't have the right material!

  • What exactly are you trying to figure out? Where to get that same molding? – Steven Feb 16 '14 at 3:31
  • Where exactly used? casement, baseboard, window, wainscot header (aka chair rail)? – Fiasco Labs Feb 16 '14 at 4:55
  • Yes, what I'm looking for is what the profile is called, who makes it, and where I can get it. – ThePopMachine Feb 16 '14 at 6:16

What you have is a 4 1/2 inch colonial base trim. I can't tell you exactly the name or number, but if you take a small sample to your supplier, or preferably the same supplier your contractor used, they will have a chart that shows all the millwork profiles. What you have does not look unusual, so with a little footwork you should be able to find it easily.

| improve this answer | |

The profile shows it's a casing for doors and windows. Common colonial profile. Might need a table saw for the center ledge of the profile.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.