There is a small crack in the overhead water tank, about 6 inches by 1 inch. The tank is made up of fiber glass. Is there any chemical that can be used for filling the crack?

  • 3
    Please help get more clarification in your question by identifying what a Sintex tank is and what material it is made of. It may also be useful to know what size it is in linear dimensions, approximate locations of crack and size of the crack (length and width).
    – Michael Karas
    Oct 10, 2013 at 5:09

1 Answer 1


When I worked in a fiberglass piping company we used a fiberglass resin mixture that was thickened with a product called aeroseal. This made the resin extremely thick which allowed us to fill spaces between two fiberglass pipes. The mixture was then sanded and fiberglassed with resin and glass both inside and out.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.