I have Zurn crimp rings and the Zurn ratchet tool. I was wondering what brass fitting I can use. Do they need to be Zurn fittings or can they be any crimp fittings?

enter image description here enter image description here

For example, can I use sharkbite crimp fittings? or do I need to use the Zurn crimp fittings? They look very similar or I can't tell the difference. Thanks for any help.

enter image description here


2 Answers 2


PEX labeled fittings are uniform (essentially). You can use any pex labeled fitting with any pex labeled tubing and any pex labeled crimp ring, provided they are all labeled for the same size tubing and the manufacturers literature shows as astm compliant. For ordinary residential remodeling you don't need to be concerned with pressure ratings of the assembly.

Note that PEX labeled components are for use with potable water only, unless otherwise noted in the manufacturers literature (I don't know of any exceptions but they may be out there).


I believe everything labeled as a "PEX" fitting would be compatible without regard to the brand (other than the tool required to fasten the rings)

  • Hello, and welcome to Stack Exchange. This sounds like good information, but where did it come from? Some supporting information would be really helpful. Commented Apr 2, 2018 at 21:59
  • It's a guess but it's probably correct Commented Apr 3, 2018 at 12:57

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.