I am getting ready to paint my living room using Behr's Glowing Firelight (S-G-200):

enter image description here

My building sidekick suggested not to use the regular Killz2 primer but some special gray primer for red(ish) paints. I am posting here to confirm his suggestion and open a discussion for second opinions. Which specific primer would be the best for this paint?

2 Answers 2


You should have your Kilz 2 tinted the same color as the topcoat. Most places will do that for free.


Choose the primer that you feel best meets the purpose of the room. Have it tinted grey. The grey tint allows the red to show faster - less coats. If you want me to give advice on specific primer then I would say what kind of room it is and if there are any special conditions.

  • thanks but this doesn't really answer my question -- it merely recycles it.
    – amphibient
    Aug 31, 2013 at 19:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.