Like the title asks, I’m looking for the industry-specific name for this type of window. Thanks in advance!

  • 2
    What you have in the picture are two 1/4 eyebrow arch windows.
    – RMDman
    Commented May 11 at 14:27

1 Answer 1


I've heard these by a number of names and even manufacturers are not consistent in terminology. Quarter-circle, Arch(ed), radius, and quarter-moon are all terms used.

Where I am located, Quarter-circle is the most common term, but radius, arch(ed), quarter-moon are pretty common too. Radius and arched can also refer to half-circle style windows as well.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.