I have a leak coming through the sprinkler manifold coupler that’s connected to the water supply. I tried replacing the coupler but I’m not able to detach the coupler from the manifold after unscrewing it from the water line. Is there anyway to repair the coupler or would i need to replace the manifold? enter image description here

  • give us some orientation, what is what
    – Traveler
    Commented May 4 at 19:01

1 Answer 1


If the gray part on the left is the manifold, with the coupler being the unscrewed fitting in the middle and the waterline on the right, what the picture shows is a monolithic plastic part (the coupling is molded as part of the manifold, it's not parts glued together) so yes, you probably have to replace the manifold to replace the integral coupling.

  • Thank you! Are the manifold parts typically standard between manufacturers? or do i need to replace with the original part?
    – Steve
    Commented May 4 at 19:19
  • No idea. I tend to build such things from standard plumbing parts rather than buy specialty solutions, given a choice. I doubt they are standardized, but I really don't know.
    – Ecnerwal
    Commented May 4 at 19:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.