This is my third water softener post - I only intended to have one but I just started getting more questions as I was typing them up.
I had a local plumber install my water softener in exchange for some computer work instead of having a professional. This was 2-3 years ago. I finally got it running a few days ago.
1) Does it look like it's hooked up correctly? Anything special I need to know about my setup?
2) Am I ok to replace the sheetrock around the huge hole he cut?
3) The manual that my water softener came with says "This manual provides a reference for operation and maintenance of the following WaterMax water conditioning appliance models: 63MAQ, 63BEQ, 63MDQ, 62AMQ, 62APQ, 62AKQ, and 62AJQ. If you do not see your specific model listed here, your dealer has customized your WaterMax to solve additional water conditioning problems you may and and will be happy to explain an additional special features."
Mine is a Hague WaterMax 63BAQ, which is not listed and means that is has 'an additional special feature' according to the manual. Any idea what this means?
4) Are there any tools one can use to manually test the water? I read in the manual to leave it to the professionals, but I think it would be fun to learn about and have always wanted to test the water in my house, and after looking at all the settings on the digital display ( a lot of them referencing water testing) I am interesting in trying it myself.
5) Lastly, are there any tips, or general knowledge / tips you would like to share about my water softener / any water softeners in general?